Already reviewed the best Callaway drivers that are so well-known for their straight, long-distance performance, it’s now time for us to turn our attention to the best Callaway golf balls. These are perfect for putting and achieving the longest carry distance. Having a golf ball your weaknesses in golf can rely on paves the way for nothing but improvement and success.
And in case you didn’t know, Callaway is a brand that spoils you for choices. They have such a grand range of golf balls that there’s something for every type of golfer. Be it distance, forgiveness, and even Tour-preferred.
So let’s get to the reviews part right away!
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Golf Balls by Callaway
- 1. Callaway Golf Supersoft Golf Balls
- 2. Callaway Warbird Golf Balls
- 3. Callaway Golf Chrome Soft Golf Balls
- 4. Callaway Golf ERC Soft Triple Track Golf Balls
- 5. Callaway HEX Tour Soft Golf Balls
- 6. Callaway Hex Soft Golf Balls
- 7. Callaway 2016 Diablo Tour
- 8. Callaway Diablo Lady Golf Balls
- 9. Callaway Golf HEX Diablo Golf Balls
- 10. Callaway 2017 Superhot 70 Golf Balls
- 11. Callaway Reload Recycled Golf Balls
- 12. Callaway Golf Supersoft Magna Golf Balls
- Callaway Golf Balls Buying Guide
Top 12 Golf Balls by Callaway
1. Callaway Golf Supersoft Golf Balls
- The Callaway super soft is a long, straight distance ball that’s incredibly soft
- An ultra low compression core promotes fast ball speed and increased accuracy
- New Low Drag HEX Aerodynamics are optimized to reduce drag and enhance lift for...
You don’t really have to be an experienced player to realize that colored golf balls are a better choice since they don’t get easily mixed up with others. So it’s a huge relief to know that Callaway Supersoft is available in different matte-finish colors. The green one, in particular, is the best of the lot.
Moreover, you’re bound to gain distance off the tee with Supersoft. And we think it’s because of the optimized low-drag HEX Aerodynamics. It minimizes drag and maximizes lift to generate a longer distance.
2. Callaway Warbird Golf Balls
- Callaway's renowned HEX Aerodynamics reduce drag and promote high launch for...
- The extra-large high-energy core is highly compressible to unlock more potential...
- Thin, high-sensory ionomer cover works with the core to promote super-satisfying feel...
We highly recommend Callaway Warbird to just about every golfer that wants to buy the best while also not spending a lot of money. In short, these golf balls offer a great bang for the buck!
They’re specifically crafted for boosting distance. And we know this because of the 2-piece construction. Furthermore, the high-energy, large, soft core creates explosive ball speed. So if your goal is to hit your farthest, then Warbird should be your go-to option.
3. Callaway Golf Chrome Soft Golf Balls
- Fast ball speeds & low spin off the driver
- Distance & control through the bag
- Pinpoint greenside control
More affordable in comparison to Titleist Pro V1, Callaway Chrome Soft is certainly a better choice in every other way too. It flies straighter and farther with more greenside control and a softer feel.
You get Tour-grade distance and performance, even in the case of mis-hits. And it’s all because of the brand new, groundbreaking Graphene Dual Soft Fast Core.
4. Callaway Golf ERC Soft Triple Track Golf Balls
- ERC soft is our longest callaway golf ball with soft feel
- The multi material hybrid cover creates an exceptional combination of faster ball...
- A graphene infused dual soft fast core maximizes compression energy while minimizing...
If you’re among the many golfers who end up returning to Callaway Supersoft due to the lack of a better or equally distance-boosting option by the same brand, then this one might tickle your fancy. Callaway ERC Soft Triple Track is indeed a distance ball. One that feels great off the putter and improves alignment too.
Even the quality is top-notch because the golf balls don’t tear that easily, unlike some of the leading options out there.
5. Callaway HEX Tour Soft Golf Balls
Those struggling with a slow swing speed are sure to appreciate the fair price, soft feel, and distance-boosting potential of Callaway HEX Tour Soft. Pave the way for longer iron shots, longer tee shots, and a great feel on the greens.
It’s most likely that you see an actual difference for the first time in terms of tighter dispersion angle and longer carry distance each time you strike the golf ball properly.
6. Callaway Hex Soft Golf Balls
- Pattern : HEX Aerodynamics and This is a soft golf ball with low compression and...
- A low compression core is designed for ball speed with reduced spin to increase...
- Built for low spin that leads to a straight ball flight
No denying that Callaway Hex is a common name among those looking for low-compression golf balls to increase distance. After all, the low compression reduces spin, which is responsible for maximizing distance.
Moreover, the softer feel of the balls is also hard to come by. And you truly understand this when low spin is generated through your hybrids, irons, and woods. A great value ball indeed.
7. Callaway 2016 Diablo Tour
You could be a high-handicap golfer or a senior and still enjoy the outstanding performance of Callaway 2016 Diablo Tour. The flight, feel, and distance of these golf balls are the most enticing factors. You can spin the ball easily. Even the feel during putting and chipping is commendable.
Callaway made it a point to engineer these with Innovative Power Core technology with a larger design. And that’s what gives you all this commendable, extraordinary spin and distance. If that wasn’t enough on its own, the brand has also added HEX Aerodynamics for a stable and penetrating ball flight.
8. Callaway Diablo Lady Golf Balls
One thing is for certain here is that women golfers love Callaway Diablo Lady because of the light, soft feel. And this is something you come across only in low-compression golf balls made for women.
As a slow swinger in golf, you can use these golf balls to your advantage. And that means strike longer, straighter shots quite effortlessly. At the same time, the price is much less expensive.
9. Callaway Golf HEX Diablo Golf Balls
- Hex Aerodynamics is designed to deliver lift at low speeds for distance while...
- The S-Tech Core is built to reduce sidespin for more accuracy and it has a low...
- Duraspin outer layer improves trajectory and helps with a straighter shot
If the previous pick was the best for women, this one’s the same for senior golfers. Even when compared to Titleist Pro V1, it goes straighter and farther.
And what else can you expect whenever Callaway’s exclusive HEX Aerodynamics are involved. This particular technology, which is a part of almost every Callaway creation, provides lift even when the swing speed is slow. And that means more distance and a penetrating ball flight.
10. Callaway 2017 Superhot 70 Golf Balls
- Callaway's Legendary Hex aerodynamics promotes higher flight and longer carry for...
- Callaway's proprietary core chemistry achieves the improbable by combining...
- A new cover composition limits spin off the long clubs to promote long distance while...
The perfect combination of feel, accuracy, and distance, Callaway Superhot 70 travels super-straight and super-long. The brand’s legendary HEX Aerodynamics are a part of these golf balls too. So no worries about longer carry distance and higher ball flight.
Known as the best game improvement golf balls, best golf balls for slow swingers, great bang for the buck, etc., Superhot 70 is a force to be reckoned with. Especially in terms of providing excellent control, feel, and spin on short game and long distance on long game.
11. Callaway Reload Recycled Golf Balls
- For at least half the price of new
- Professional testing by an independent lab show there is no performance loss between...
- 24 golf balls for extra value
Why cry over losing expensive golf balls when you have these affordable recycled ones by Callaway! They may be used, but the condition and performance are much like brand new golf balls. And to be honest, you get what you pay for.
It does seem like an enticing choice for recreational golfers. And for practice sessions in your backyard.
12. Callaway Golf Supersoft Magna Golf Balls
Just a fantastic golf ball for high handicappers! Callaway delivers on its promise here, much like in every case, with regards to distance.
These are oversized golf balls for producing super-straight, super-long shots. The compression rating is ultra-low, which means they generate faster ball speed and increase accuracy. But, no doubt, it’s the extra surface area that makes it seem like the ball is sitting up each time you strike it. No wonder it’s also the easiest to putt.
Callaway Golf Balls Buying Guide
Callaway Chrome Soft vs. Supersoft: What Is the Difference?
We have reviewed both, and it goes without saying that both Callaway Chrome Soft and Supersoft are a huge hit. So how do you decide between the two? While one is more geared toward generating greater spin around the green, the other unlocks maximum distance potential.
On that note, here’s all you need to know about the differences between the two…
Callaway Chrome Soft vs. Supersoft - Construction, Performance, and Feel
Callaway Chrome Soft is a 4-piece golf ball, which means it does a better job of shaping your shots. When multi-layered construction is a part of the picture, that too with a urethane cover, you get more spin.
Moving on to Callaway Supersoft, this one features a 2-piece construction and Suryln cover. The former produces greater distance. And the latter is less spinny, more durable, and even firmer. Also, important to note is that Supersoft offers low compression for reducing spin in order to maximize ball flight.
In simple words, if you want to achieve higher yardages, then 2-piece, Surlyn-covered Callaway Supersoft is the best choice. And that explains why it’s better suited for golfers with a slower swing speed. But if you’re after more spin, then turn to Callaway Chrome Soft.
In terms of performance and feel, let’s start with the Tour-level feel of Callaway Chrome Soft. No denying it’s comparatively softer, bouncier, and more reactive than the other one.
The major difference, however, involves the factor of spin within 130 yards. Chrome Soft, as you already know, spins more. So if you’re a high-spin golfer, you’re most likely to rip Callaway Chrome Soft while stopping the SuperSoft a few feet off the pitch mark.
And lastly, the final difference is the visual characteristic. Callaway Supersoft comes in a wider range of colors indeed, which makes it a superior pick for golfers with a slow swing speed and/or poor eyesight.
What Callaway Ball Is the Longest?
No doubt, the longest Callaway golf ball is the Warbird. It’s got the brand’s renowned HEX Aerodynamics for promoting a higher launch just to increase speed and distance. On top of that, there’s the high-energy, extra-large core installed that’s prone to compressing highly for paving the way for more distance, irrespective of your swing speed.
Callaway Warbird is the ultimate choice for every golfer who wants to strike the golf ball farther.
What Callaway Ball Is the Best for Beginners or High Handicappers?
Let us once again explain why Callaway Supersoft is the most suitable for beginners and high-handicap golfers. Because of two primary reasons - it has an ultra-low compression core paired with HEX Aerodynamics.
The HEX part is much the same in Callaway balls. But, in this case, these HEX Aerodynamics combine with the seriously low compression rating. And that opens the door wide open to faster ball speed and improved accuracy.
What Callaway Ball Is the Best for Average Golfers?
None other than Callaway Supersoft, merely because of its low-compression core plus soft outer cover. Where one provides a soft feel around the green, the other drastically contributes to longer drives.
What Callaway Ball Is the Best for Slower Swing Speeds?
Beginners have performed better and noticed significant improvements in distance with Callaway Supersoft. It’s the best of the lot with the lowest compression, which translates into the softest feel for slow swingers in golf.
Every golf ball review article is incomplete without at least one Callaway creation. Be it for beginners, amateurs, or professionals! And that’s the best part about Callaway, that the brand manufactures golf balls for every type of player, no matter his/her handicap, swing speed, skill, etc.
The overall technology that Callaway employs is the driving force behind the success of their golf balls. For example, HEX Aerodynamics for reducing drag and maximizing lift to boost carry distance. And this particular feature is found in almost every Callaway ball reviewed thus far. So there are many more innovative features like these that become game-changing elements!