Thanks to top brands that manufacture golf clubs, it’s now much easier and less frustrating to find the best women’s golf clubs. And thanks to such brands only that there exist even the best golf clubs for petite ladies. Because not every female golfer uses the same full-length set. The petite ones are for women below 5 feet, 3 inches.
But coming across high-quality and sometimes even affordable petite-style golf clubs for women is no easy undertaking. You might even end up spending hours and hours online, and even off the internet at stores, and still not be able to decide.
On that note, we’ve done all the searching for you. So what’s left for you to do is choose your set based on what you read and like…
Table of Contents
- Reviews of the Best Women's Petite Golf Clubs
- 1. Aspire Pro-X Ladies Womens Golf Clubs Set
- 2. Aspire XD1 Ladies Womens Golf Clubs Set
- 3. Wilson Women’s Complete Golf Set
- 4. Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set
- 5. Cobra Golf 2019 Women’s XL Speed Complete Golf Set
- 6. Tour Edge Moda Silk Womens 2020 Model
- 7. Precise AMG Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- 8. Precise M5 Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- 9. Palm Springs Golf Visa Lady Petite All Graphite Hybrid Club Set
- What Makes A ‘Petite’ Golf Club Set?
- Do I Really Need Petite Golf Clubs?
- Buying Guide - Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Summing It All Up!
Reviews of the Best Women's Petite Golf Clubs
1. Aspire Pro-X Ladies Womens Golf Clubs Set
Distance: 75 | Forgiveness: 85 | Feel: 70 | Quality: 70
Best value for money
- Increased head speed from Industry-leading aerodynamics.
- CG is precisely located which means you'll get more consistent launch and distance...
- We made the face thinner, lighter and more robust.
The petite length of Aspire Pro-X makes it easier for women with slower swing speeds to be able to hit longer. All because of the phenomenal aerodynamics installed into the clubheads of the set. Every golf club has the CG precisely located, which means a more consistent distance and launch angle across the face.
The shaft flex, needless to say, is Ladies. So you don’t have to worry about boosting swing speed. On top of that, even the feel of the golf clubs is in your favor because of the multi-material Tour Pride grips.
2. Aspire XD1 Ladies Womens Golf Clubs Set
Distance: 80 | Forgiveness: 90 | Feel: 75 | Quality: 75
Best for senior ladies
- Petite set includes: 460cc driver, 3 wood, 21 Hybrid, no. 6 thru PW irons, putter,...
- Recommended sizes: 5'0"-5'5"
- Designed for Ladies - lightweight graphite shaft for Woods and irons - Ladies flex
When you stumble upon a great set of petite size golf clubs for women at such a reasonable price, you should not let it go. And the whole thing becomes even more tempting to buy if it improves your golf game. Much like the XD1 Golf Club Set by Aspire!
These clubs are lighter, which is simply perfect for older ladies and those with a slow swing speed. The lightweight graphite shaft also plays a part in this obviously.
Furthermore, the woods, hybrids, and wedge are all built to maximize forgiveness in the case of mis-hits. So you really don’t have to worry about potential flaws in your swing and skills.
3. Wilson Women’s Complete Golf Set
Distance: 85 | Forgiveness: 85 | Feel: 70 | Quality: 75
Best for beginners & high handicappers
- Designed specifically for women players with lightweight graphite shafts (except...
- High-lofted driver has large sweet spot and is swing speed matched to improve ball...
- Deep, perimeter weighted 431 stainless steel irons with very low center of gravity...
A great choice for petite women golfers, this Wilson set is also quite well-known among beginners. When you practice with these golf clubs, you’re sure to enjoy your time at the driving range. Because all of them are specifically designed with lightweight graphite shafts that are easier to swing in order to boost speed and distance.
Moving on, the driver is high-lofted with a large sweet spot for improving both ball flight and distance. Then the stainless steel irons are perimeter-weighted with a low CG to improve accuracy. So it’s an exceptionally practical starter set for petite female golfers out there.
4. Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set
Distance: 85 | Forgiveness: 85 | Feel: 80 | Quality: 90
Best for mid-handicappers
This set makes a huge difference in terms of control, that’s for sure. Callaway has indeed designed a golf club set for hitting straight and long the most effortlessly, even with the petite size.
What’s also quite fascinating to learn about Solaire here is that its 5 and 6 are actually hybrids. And most female golfers know how much easier it is to hit hybrids than long irons. You’re most likely to even appreciate the appearance of these golf clubs.
5. Cobra Golf 2019 Women’s XL Speed Complete Golf Set
Distance: 90 | Forgiveness: 85 | Feel: 85 | Quality: 90
Best overall complete set
Don’t be afraid to buy your own set of golf clubs when there are such forgiving options as this Cobra XL Speed Golf Set, which is available in the petite size as well. These golf clubs are simply extraordinary in that they increase the distance on each shot you make. And even when you don’t strike the golf ball squarely, it reaches the target.
The balance and weight of the putter, in particular, are very impressive. And even more so if that’s the weakest aspect of your game.
6. Tour Edge Moda Silk Womens 2020 Model
Distance: 80 | Forgiveness: 85 | Feel: 75 | Quality: 85
Best for improving golfers
- Upgraded 6A4V Ti Driver w/Graphite Shaft; Driver is 460cc, offset with 15-degrees of...
- Fairway Woods #3 & #5 w/Graphite Shafts: Oversized, offset and low profile 17-4...
- Hybrids #5 & #6 w/Graphite Shafts - Silk hybrids inspire confidence when nothing...
Let’s start with the 460cc driver with the high loft, so you can hit longer drives. This has a powerful clubhead with an oversized sweet spot. Then enter the low-profile, offset, oversized fairway woods to get the golf ball airborne easily.
As for the hybrids, their CG is strategically placed deep and low for more accuracy and forgiveness. And irons feature extreme perimeter weighting to correct mis-hits.
Last but certainly not least, the mallet-style, high-MOI putter is designed with alignment aid for improving the precision of your short game. And all this in the petite size!
7. Precise AMG Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
Distance: 75 | Forgiveness: 85 | Feel: 70 | Quality: 80
Best lower budget option
- Full set of clubs right out of the box!
- Maximum forgiveness on the woods and irons equals straighter shots on the course!
- Matching Deluxe Dual-Strap Golf Bag and Headcovers! Carry your bag like a backpack!...
A complete set of the most forgiving golf clubs that are available in both the Regular and Petite sizes for ladies. As a beginner, you’re sure to praise the signature construction of Precise. And also as a beginner, if you end up missing the golf ball and hitting the turf pretty hard, then don’t worry about the golf clubs not being able to withstand this kind of beating.
You get high-quality golf clubs and a high-quality golf bag at a fair price. But it’s the maximum forgiveness on the irons and woods that is the most valuable here as it produces straighter shots quite effortlessly.
8. Precise M5 Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
Distance: 75 | Forgiveness: 80 | Feel: 70 | Quality: 70
Best for irregular or new golfers
- Right handed Ladies golf set includes: 460cc driver, #3 wood, 21 Hybrid, #5, #6, # 7,...
- Height: 5'3'' to 5'8'',
- 460cc driver for extensive distance and forgiveness,
Here’s another set of golf clubs in the petite size for women golfers. And much like the previous one, this too delivers an exceptional combination of forgiveness and distance. All thanks to the aerodynamic clubhead of the woods and the ultra-forgiving construction of the irons.
But, in this case, the lightweight composite shafts are what make the golf clubs the easiest to hit. And that matters a lot if you’re a beginner and/or an older golfer.
9. Palm Springs Golf Visa Lady Petite All Graphite Hybrid Club Set
Distance: 75 | Forgiveness: 80 | Feel: 75 | Quality: 75
Best lightweight complete golf set
- Great quality golf package set is ideal for new and improving golfers. All clubs made...
- The oversize 460cc driver (the biggest legally allowed) has a huge sweetspot, meaning...
- The 15° #3 fairway wood, though smaller than the driver, still has an enlarged...
The shorter club length of this Visa Lady Petite All Graphite Hybrid Club Set by Palm Springs Golf is a huge benefit for women below 5 feet and 3 inches. The oversized 460ccc driver features the most massive sweet spot. So those not-so-uncommon times you don’t get the center, your shot is still highly likely to travel straighter and longer.
Furthermore, the fairway wood, along with an enlarged sweet spot too, has a low-profile sole. This means you can hit off that grass without using a tee. Then you have irons with the most forgiving cavity-back construction.
And everything here just becomes automatically better because of the lightweight graphite, ladies-flex shaft.
- Fairway woods with low back and heel weighting promote a higher launch
- Cavity-back irons correct off-center strikes
- Ultra-light graphite shaft promotes faster swing speed
- Large 460cc titanium driver clubhead boosts distance
- Golf club set consists of lightweight graphite shafts
- High-loft driver with a massive sweet spot for forgiveness
- Lightweight, easy-to-hit golf clubs
- More flexible shafts ideal for most female golfers
- Aerodynamic clubheads to increase speed and distance
- Lower CG activates a more consistent, higher launch
- Oversized, perimeter-weighted irons improve accuracy
- Large clubhead, high-lofted driver for longer, higher drives
- Lightweight and easy-to-hit with comfortable grips
- Most forgiving design of irons and fairway woods
- Very forgiving, easy-to-hit petite golf club set
- Cavity-back irons with low CG provide consistency
What Makes A ‘Petite’ Golf Club Set?
It’s the length of golf clubs that makes the set petite. They’re made for women that are between 4 feet, 11 inches and 5 feet, 3 inches in terms of height.
Obviously, these aren’t standard-length golf clubs, because the standard length for women is 43 inches. And petite size clubs are an inch shorter than that.
Not just height, petite women also have a comparatively smaller arc, which means they don’t produce enough clubhead speed. At least most of them cannot. So, to make up for that, petite size golf clubs feature lightweight graphite, ladies-flex shafts that promote a faster swing speed.
Do I Really Need Petite Golf Clubs?
If you’re too short for your current golf clubs or your current golf clubs are too long for you, then you do indeed need the petite size. Because when your height and the shaft length don’t match, then you’re only just welcoming errant shots and poor scores. And this is applicable even when your swing speed is average or above it.
More often than not, women that are 5 feet, 3 inches or shorter in height opt for petite. Now you can obviously get fitted. But why go through the extra trouble and even pay more when you can just as easily buy a petite size golf club set, right?
Buying Guide - Factors to Consider
How Tall Are You?
Is your height between 4 feet, 11 inches and 5 feet, 3 inches? If yes, then it only makes sense to buy golf clubs that belong to the petite size category. These shafts are an inch shorter to accommodate to your height.
What Shaft Material and Flex?
If you’ve read the reviews, then you already know the answer here. Lightweight graphite shaft material and Ladies flex. The former allows you to generate greater clubhead speed to achieve longer distances, as opposed to heavier steel shafts. So if you’re petite and a beginner, then it’s like hitting two birds with one stone.
Moving on to the shaft flex. More often than not, women golfers have an average or below-average swing speed. So, at such times, the more flexible the shaft, the more you can maximize control and distance effortlessly. And that is why you have the ideal Ladies shaft flex.
What’s Your Short Game Like?
Don’t underestimate the importance of a sand wedge, even though most golf club sets for women don’t include this particular club. You simply cannot get around the course without this wedge’s spin and loft. And don’t expect to be able to hit the pitching wedge from the sand trap if experienced golfers themselves struggle to do that.
So keep in mind that your driver i.e. long game and sand wedge i.e. short game are equally important.
What’s Your Budget?
Don’t always place price and quality on the same pedestal. Meaning not every high-priced golf club set is a suitable choice. But, generally speaking, golf club sets for petite women are priced at $300-$1200. The heftier cost is because the golf clubs are customized.
But then you can’t go about buying individual custom golf clubs. Because if you do that, be ready to shell out as much as $2000 or higher for a full set. Compared to this, the price range mentioned is not so steep.
What Golf Clubs Are In the Set?
What’s the golf club set composition? Do the golf clubs cover most of the scenarios you’re likely to face during your round of golf?
The first one includes an oversized 460cc driver with a large sweet spot. Women, beginners, and seniors benefit the most from such a construction because of their slower swing speeds.
The next on this list is fairway woods for generating longer distances. Then hybrids instead of long irons because most women find the former much easier to hit than the latter.
And finally, your scoring golf clubs - your wedges. Carry 1-2 additional wedges for cutting strokes around greens.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
One is an inch shorter than the other - that one being petite size golf clubs of course. And the proof of that is the “-1” marking on the club, which denotes that the shaft is an inch shorter.
Also, petite golf clubs have a lightweight graphite shaft perfect for slower swing speeds. And, generally, they offer extra flex in the shaft too for maximizing control and distance.
You already know by now that the petite size is an inch shorter than the standard length. So what is the standard length of golf clubs? In the case of a driver, it’s 43 inches, which means the petite version is 42 inches long.
Summing It All Up!
This brings us to the end of the reviews and buying guide. You have plenty of options to choose from. Plus, there’s a comprehensive guide to walk you through the whole buying process. So you don’t get confused between Regular and Petite.
All factors that are deemed important are talked about at great length. And all features that matter the most are mentioned in the reviews section. So, needless to say, this is a very useful article for someone feeling confused, overwhelmed, and even a little annoyed about purchasing petite size golf clubs as a set.
With brands like Callaway, Cobra, Wilson, Precise, Aspire, and more, your weaknesses and strengths in golf are placed in the right hands.